|5.2 GHS||+0.07 GHS||+1.365 %|
GCB Bank Limited is the second largest bank in Ghana by assets and profit. It was founded in 1953 as the first indigenous financial institution. In the beginning, the bank was wholly owned by the Government of Ghana, but from 1966 onwards the government started to open up the bank to other shareholders. Eventually it was converted into a public company and listed on the Ghanaian Stock Exchange on the 17th May, 1996 as Ghana Commercial Bank. GCB has the largest branch network in Ghana with over 150 branches countrywide.
Following its 60th anniversary, the company launched a new brand identity in 2013. It renamed itself GCB Bank Ltd and introduced a new logo. As part of the change, GCB adopted an internal change and modernisation programme, introduced new banking services and products and refurbished its branch network.